Terms and Conditions
Our Terms and Conditions
- The term ‘The Pod Chocolates’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ or ‘our’ refers to the owner of our website Just Truffles Chocolate Limited, of registered office address The Pod, 3A Church Street, Harleston, Norfolk, IP20 9BB. We are a company registered in England, no. 6419849. ‘Our website’ refers to co.ukthe term ‘you’ or ‘your’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Terms and Conditions of Use of Our Website:
- The content of the pages of our website is for your general information and use only and may be updated or changed, or we may withdraw either part or our entire website without notice to you.
- Neither we nor any third parties providing information on our website provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and goods found or offered on our website for any particular purpose. Such information may unknowingly contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Our website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction of any material that constitutes a part of our website is prohibited without our prior written agreement.
- All trademarks reproduced in our website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on our website.
- Unauthorised use of our website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, our website may also include links to other websites or social media sites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- There may be legal notices on other areas of our website which relate to your use of our website, all of which will, together with these terms and conditions, govern your use of our website. Your use of our website and any dispute arising out of such use of our website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. If you choose to access our website from outside the United Kingdom, you are responsible for compliance with laws of the country from which you access our website.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
- All products shown on our website are subject to availability. Should any products be temporarily out of stock or subject to delayed despatch at the time we receive your order we will notify you no later than the next working day after receipt of your order. We will not make any substitutions unless you have agreed for us to do so, notwithstanding that we may vary the contents of mixed flavour chocolate collections during peak trading times or due to shortage of supply of ingredients.
- Whilst we make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all descriptions and graphical representations of the products correspond to the actual products, images of goods are for illustrative purposes only. All our products are hand made in small batches and therefore individual products may vary slightly from those images.
- We reserve the right to change prices and to add, modify or remove any special offers through our website at any time without prior notice to you.
- Allergen and shelf life information is provided for each individual product within the website shop. It is your responsibility to make sure that the product(s) you order are suitable for your requirements and/ or do not contain any allergens or ingredients that you do not want or must not have. If you require further dietary information about our products please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not accept responsibility for any goods wrongly ordered by you where we have provided sufficient product details to enable you to make accurate choices.
Orders and Payment
- By placing any orders through our website, you agree that: you are at least 16 years of age or at least 18 years of age if purchasing products containing alcohol and are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; the personal information which you provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and you agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
- Orders are only accepted and processed when payment has been received. No goods will be despatched until full payment has been received and cleared through our bank. Payment will be accepted on our behalf by Stripe secure payment and must be made at the time of placing your order.
Despatch and Delivery
- We aim to despatch orders no later than the next working day after they are received, subject to availability, except that orders received after 3pm on a Friday will not be despatched until the following Monday unless it is a bank holiday in which case they will be despatched on the following Tuesday. This is to avoid goods being held within the postal system over a weekend period and guard against any deterioration of perishable goods.
- If we are unable to despatch your order within 48 hours of receipt we will email you with a revised despatch date.
- Orders will be despatched by Royal Mail 1stClass as standard unless you request an enhanced service at the time you are checking out your order.
- We will send your order to the address you give us and are not responsible for any errors you have made to the details of the address. If Royal Mail are unable to deliver the order (if, for example, no one is available at your address to sign for the package) they will leave a card advising you of where the package is and how you may obtain it.
Ownership and responsibility
- Ownership of the goods passes to you once we have received payment in full for your order and responsibility for the goods passes to you once the goods have been delivered or delivery has been attempted at the address you have provided.
- All goods leave us in prime condition and are well packed to keep them safe during normal transit conditions. Should something go wrong, It is your responsibility to notify us within 48 hours of receiving your order if it is received in a damaged or deteriorated condition, or to tell us within 4 days of you being notified that your order has been despatched if it has not arrived.
- You must notify us by email to email@example.com Please note that we will require photographic evidence of any damage or deterioration of the goods or of the actual goods supplied if your claim is that the wrong items have been sent. In the case of damage being sustained we will also request photographic evidence of the condition of the actual parcel that you receive, showing where the parcel is damaged or has been mishandled in transit.
Cancellations and Returns
- Consumer cancellation rights under the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 or the Consumer Contracts Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges Regulations 2013 do not apply to products which have been personalised or made subject to the buyer’s specifications or which are perishable or liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly. As our products are perishable, and may also have been personalised, the cancellation rights under the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 do not apply to sales through this website.
- In the interests of food hygiene and due to the perishable nature of our goods orders are not returnable. If you have notified us that the wrong goods have been supplied or you have notified us of damaged or deteriorated goods with photographic evidence of the damage and for which we have accepted responsibility we will issue you with a full or partial refund as agreed with you at the time you notify us of the problem.
- We will provide products that are of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described at the time of purchase and as a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions, including our cancellation and returns conditions seeks to exclude or limit your legal rights as a consumer. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau.
- For both consumers and businesses if we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these terms and conditions or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
- If you are a business we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity or goodwill whether or not foreseeable.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions seeks to limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- In the event of any dispute, these terms and the agreement between us shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be decided only by the English courts.
- If you want to ask us anything about these terms & conditions or have any comments or complaints about our website, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org